Policies & Reminders, updated January, 2012
Click here to download the full Sunsetview Farm Camping Area Brochure (PDF format)
Containing the full listing of policies and reminders, rates and fees,
plus the map and achedule of planned events for the year!
WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO KNOW
- We reserve the right to evict anyone violating the rules or destroying or defacing property. Any infractions of the rules may result in eviction without refund.
- We reserve the right to select our clientele and guests. Please be considerate to everyone around you. Our rules are established to ensure everyone has an enjoyable visit here. Please let us know of any violations that may effect your camping experience.
- We welcome your suggestions and hope to make your stay with us pleasant, peaceful, and memorable. These rules are made to ensure the safety and enjoyment of everyone and we thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- DO NOT BRING YOUR OWN FIREWOOD! Transported Firewood Is Prohibited! We understand having a campfire is a big part of the entire camping experience. However, your parks and forests are at risk of infestation by the Asian Longhorned Beetle, Emerald Ash Borer and other pests or diseases. Invasive species have devastated forests in the U.S. Midwest, and have recently been found in the Worcester, Massachusetts area. Beginning in the 2011 camping season, we are complying with requests from the Mass DEP and the USDA by restricting Transportation of firewood into and out of Sunsetview Farm Camping Area. IT IS PROHIBITED. Please, leave your firewood at home. Firewood is available for sale at the campground for a reasonable fee. Remember to purchase only what you need for your stay. Burn all firewood at your campsite or leave firewood for the next camper. Never bring your firewood home. We will allow transportation of lumber scraps such as 2X4’s, etc. that are left over from your building projects into our campground. For health reasons, be sure you are not burning wood that is treated with paint or other chemicals.
- Special Note to Our Seasonal and Extended Stay guests (those that camp with us for a month or longer): You will be allowed to bring in firewood as long as you provide documentation in advance showing the wood was obtained from a local green-certified sustainable forest grower, and not within a restricted area. Please be sure to burn what you bring in and do not transport it to another area. Extended stay quests campers are encouraged to contact us with any questions regarding this matter. Your cooperation and understanding is greatly needed and appreciated at this difficult time for our area forests. Once a forest is infested, eradication of an invasive pest can involve devastating measures. If you would like to learn more, and to view restricted areas, here are two websites that will have updated information. www.massnrc.org/pests and www.dontmovefirewood.com
- We do require a $15.00 deposit or a credit card number for a key for our entrance gate. This deposit is fully refundable when the key is returned at the end of your stay.
A visitor is anyone who is not registered with the camping party at check in.
- All visitors must register at the office and will be charged a fee, see rates.
- Sorry, we do not allow visitors to bring dogs into the campground.
- Day Visitor 9:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- Overnight 9:00 am to 2:00 pm the following day.
- Any visitor arriving after 8:00 pm will be charged an overnight rate.
- No visitor registration after 9:00 pm.
- We may at times limit the number of visitors allowed per site due to overcrowding.
- All Vehicles must be registered and display a tag.
- Only licensed drivers can operate a vehicle.
- Speed limit is 5 mph.
- Repeated offenses will result in loss of driving privileges.
- Sorry, Golf Carts privileges are only for our extended stay guests, (those that camp with us for a month or longer)
- Golf carts owners must carry insurance. We have a complete set of golf cart rules available upon request.
- Washing of vehicles and Rv's are not allowed.
- Quiet Hours - 11:00 pm to 8:00 am. Campfires down at 11:00 pm.
- Radio and other audio equipment are to be kept at a low volume at all times.
- Inform us if your neighbor is too noisy.
- The use of power tools & chainsaws are forbidden.
- Excessive use of alcohol by adults, and drinking by minors is absolutely not permitted. No keg beer allowed.
- Please respect other campsite boundaries.
- Please carry out all trash to the dumpster.
- Tents on grass must be moved every 3rd day.
- We do not allow carpets or rugs on grass sites.
- Do not cut trees or brush or alter site without official permission.
- Please do not throw stones in the campground. This includes the pond!
- Decks are only permitted for our seasonal campers.
- Decks must meet MA building codes and pass an inspection.
- Mass. State Law prohibits draining of gray or wash water on the ground. All campers including tent and tent trailers must dispose of all gray water in designated areas. Holding tanks are available for purchase at the camp store.
Family Pets are welcome at Sunsetview providing their owners follow a few rules:
- A current rabies vaccination certificate is required before any pet will be allowed into the campground.
- There is a limit of 2 dogs per site
- We do not allow day visitors to bring pets into the campground.
- No pets are allowed in any of the campground buildings or in any of the swimming areas, including the beach. Please keep pets out of the playground.
- Owners must pick up after their pets.
- Pets must be leashed at all times and are not to be left unattended at any time.
- Any pet causing excessive noise or any disturbance will not be allowed to stay.
A WORD TO PARENTS
- Parents are expected to advise their children of the rules and will be held responsible for their actions.
- Please accompany younger children while in the campground.
- Children (17 and under) must be on a campsite with a responsible adult by 10:30pm.
- Persons 17 and under cannot be left in the campground without adult supervision.
POOL / POND
- Children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- This is Mass state law and is strictly enforced.
- Running, rough play, and excessive noise is prohibited in the pool and pond areas.
- Diving is not allowed due to shallow pool depth.
- Dogs and other animals are not allowed in the pool, in the pool area, in the pond, nor on the beach.
- When you dig on the beach, do not dig below the surface of the sand. Do not dig up stones, rocks, and other materials.
- Please fill in holes when you are done-leave the beach as you found it.
- Please use large floats and rafts in the swimming pond and not in the pool.
- All children in diapers must wear appropriate swim diapers.
- Please observe all posted rules, management reserves the right to refuse admittance to or eject from the pool/pond premises, any persons failing to comply with any health and safety regulations.
BICYCLES, SCOOTERS, SKATEBOARDS, AND OTHER
Please observe our safety precautions. Riding toys are fun, and we want to make sure it's safe for everyone! Please notify your children of these policies.
Any repeated offenses will result in the bicycle being taken away for the rest of that day, or the rest of your stay, depending on the severity of the problem/ or problems.
- Riding toys are fun, and we want to make sure its safe for everyone. Please notify your children of these policies.
- There is no place to skateboard in the campground. Therefore they are not allowed in the campground. There is a skateboard facility in the Town of Monson.
- ANY MOTORIZED EQUIPMENT MUST BE OPERATED BY A LICENSED DRIVER. (This includes motorized scooters) The only exceptions are four wheel children’s ride on toys that do not operate at speeds of over 5 mph. Parental supervision is required to operate a ride on toy.
- We require that persons 17 and under wear a helmet when riding in the campground.
- All bicycles and ride on toys must be registered at the office, and display the registration number given to you.
- Please do not ride with excessive speed and or recklessness.
- No bike riding after dark.
- Please respect others by not crossing campsites.
- Please observe and obey all road signs.
- Do not ride down from Trailer Top Heights.
- If you are camping on the hill, ride on equipment must be walked down.
- No riding near or around entrance/exit gate, or pool patio.
- Do not ride inside any of the campground buildings.
- Do not block roadways or building entrances with equipment.
- No riding on equipment in the playground, or blocking the playground entrance.
- Any repeated offenses will result in loss of riding privileges.
- Motorized remote control toys must be operated in our recreation fields.
- Messages will be posted on office bulletin board.
- Only true emergency messages will be delivered.
- If you observe a disturbance, please be sure to report it to a staff member or to the office at once. Your help and cooperation will be greatly appreciated.
- If you need to contact a staff member after hours, you may ring the buzzer at the after hours office located at the campground entrance.
- In case of a true emergency, DIAL 911.
- Please make every effort to contact the campground office if you have called 911
- This will ensure that the campground staff can direct the emergency personnel to where they are needed as quickly as possible. Thank You!
- Nearest Hospital is Wing Memorial. (413) 283-7651, directions follow:
- Go right out of the campground. At the end of the road go left. At the end of that road go right. Bear left at the intersection of 32 and 20.
- Stay on 20 - DO NOT follow 32.
- Follow 20 into Palmer. Go straight through the first set of lights. Bear right onto Rt. 181 at the second set of lights.
- Follow Hospital signs. Take a right on to Wright Street.
- Look for emergency room entrance. Drive time app. 8 minutes, Distance app. 4 miles
- 3 CBS
- 22/30 NBC
- 40 ABC
- 24/57 PBS
- 61 FOX
- 38 UPN
© Copyright 2013 Sunsetview Farm Camping Area. All rights reserved in all media.
57 Town Farm Road, Monson, MA 01057
Phone: (413) 267-9269, Fax: (413) 267-3163